Saturday, April 23, 2011

Are Your Customers Opting Out?


I'm sure we've all heard about the declining effectiveness of the phone book as a marketing tool.  With the proliferation of online searches and mobile phones with directories at our fingertips, fewer and fewer people are going to the phone book to find businesses to purchase goods and services from.

Today, my wife made the situation all the more clear to me.  She texted me to let me know that she had just opted out of having the phone book delivered to our home.

As I looked further into this not only were we not going to receive one of the multiple phone books that we receive on a yearly basis, but that she had opted out of five different directories.

I was a little surprised at how easily she was able to refuse the marketing of hundreds of local businesses who have spent thousands of dollars to be at her fingertips when their services are needed.  I reflected on the fact that I had chosen to discontinue my phone book listings over a year ago, and how this one simple action solidified for me the great marketing shift that still needs to take place.

Never before has it been more important to not put all of your marketing dollars in one media. As a business are your customers opting out of recieving phone calls, phone books, e-blasts, and direct-mail pieces?

For more marketing ideas and advice contact Pardiman Productions at 360.259.6672 or info@pardimanproductions.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment